:: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng languag…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Hendrik Boom
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng language.
On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:44:26AM -0500, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hi T.J., sorry this is late--this thread got lost in my inbox.
>
> Thank you for your feedback regarding GPLv3.

The *big* problem with GPLv3 is that it is incompatible with GPLv2.
It *is* compatible with GPL2+, but there is a lot of software that is
licenced GPL2 without the "or any later version" clause.

This may, of course, be considered a problem with GPL2, but in the
present software ecology it will make GPL3 code harder to adopt.

I will continue to licence any of my GPL software as GPL2+.

-- hendrik