:: [Dng] Devuan and Accessibility
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Mike Ray
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: [Dng] Devuan and Accessibility
Hello list,

I was pleased a few days ago to read about Devuan.

I don't fully understand the nature of the furure that has grown up
around systemd but diversity in the Linux gene-pool has only to be a
good thing. And developers that contribute significant amounts of time
and effort don't deserve to be harangued unreasonably.

And today I have read again about Devuan on 'The Register'.

Now a note of caution and, I hope, optimism...

As a totally blind user who hops from distro to distro seeking out the
best accessibility experience I have settled on Debian Wheezy for longer
than most. The accessible net-install is a delight to use, as is the
ease of switching from the default desktop to Gnome 'fallback', or
whatever it is called this week.

One would hope that the Devuan developers intend to continue to give
accessibility (a11y) due attention.

If this proves to be the case, I will almost certainly migrate from
Debian to Devuan when the latter matures to some stability.

So, on behalf of all of us who rely on access technology, and in my case
in particular, those who have little or no sight, please keep a11y in
mind going forward.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

"Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla"
(It's a long way by the rules, but short and efficient with examples)

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/