:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Weekly News IV
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: hellekin
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Devuan Weekly News IV
On 12/23/2014 11:23 PM, Noel David Torres Taño wrote:

> Instead of digesting for you the week on the mailing list, I want you to
> think carefully and say if Devuan Weekly News
>
> a) is useful
> b) should be coordinated with such announcements

*** Noel, I say yes to both points. Contrary to what Franco and Jaromil
said, I think the announcement should have been coordinated with you,
and hope the next ones will become an integral part of the weekly
update. In a nascent community, separating users and volunteers from
the developers is a mistake. All are producers and there's no community
if it starts with creating an inner circle. I'm not advocating for a
tyranny of structurelessness, especially as the VUA collective already
exists. I'm advocating for an expanded view of technology that is not
only a meritocracy of elite hackers, but the result of collective
solutions invented to solve social needs.

So no, there's no competition between announcement from the VUA
collective and the weekly news from the community. But a little
coordination would have been in order to recognize the effort made so
far by Noel.

> Will there be an Issue V?

*** I certainly hope it will. As you know, I've proposed to rename the
Devuan Weekly News in order to free the namespace already occupied by
the existing Debian Weekly News. As both project co-exist, it would be
useful if they could refer to each other without confusion. The Devuan
Weekly News is not yet on the wiki because I was waiting for Noel's
decision to create it. I already reported the first 3 issues to the
without-systemd wiki, but stopped as I was instructed that a new wiki at
git.devuan.org was available.

I propose we follow up on Jaromil's proposal to setup a dedicated
project for the weekly news in the Devuan gitlab, and make the name
change for 2015, which leaves another issue to think about it ("Last
Week in Devuan", or LWD was my alternate proposal).

Mediawiki, that powers without-systemd, offers templates and
transclusion, which gitlab doesn't, so it might be easier to produce a
consistent newsletter using that features. On the other hand, gitlab
allows using Orgmode (if it's activated) or Markdown, which would enable
a single version for mail and wiki (using the reference notation for
links.) The latter has my preference for the sake of simplicity.

Cheers, and Happy Grav'Mass!

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/