:: Re: [Dng] TPM
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Joe Awni
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] TPM
Not wanting to be a TPM promoter or mailing-list-linguist, but i see even
more problems with the writings on TPM here:

I see rhetorical questions used fold uninformed opinations into an
invagination of ignorance on this mailing list.
( ie: "What can it do in the right? Nothing...")

Also, I see analogies to DRM. But, TPM has nothing to do with DRM.

Could TPM be used as part of a DRM system? YES,
but I wont advise you to throw the baby out with the bath-water.

Copyright is a HOT issue and im not about to get in the middle of that
mess, especially because its irrelevant.

The file-sharing-cat has been out of the bag since 2000.
Are we worried that in 2015 "they" will use TPM to?
BTW "they" means one of us (developers) who has accept money to act on
their behalf.
Whats the "real" concern here?

The potential for misuse does not justify delaying future technology - it
just does not makes sense.

The only point for ignoring TPM that resonates with me is to "keep it
simple."
But, this isn't going to be a "TempleOS" (
http://www.templeos.org/Wb/Accts/TOS/Wb2/TempleOS.html ) ;-)

Although i stated in my previous message that i did not want to explain.
However, i see that w/o my explanation the insanity of a fun house of
mirrors plus an echo chamber would prevail. (you know how it is: `DRM bad ∴
TPM bad`) Therefor, i will give a (very) little info.

The TPM is cryptographic co-processor.