:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Article about rise o…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: odinn
A: unsystem
Asunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Article about rise of libertarianism in the UK
Ben, when you do shit that is extremely revolutionary, it is very
likely that it will not involve anything violent at all, and yet might
(I say might) inspire numbers of people to act if only they ever heard
about it it or had access to it - even if they never even heard of
you. Then, ~ they will not put handcuffs on you, they will cut off
your hands and then cut off your fingers. For good measure they may
then chop off your head and then neatly position your head on a table
and cut your hair and take a picture of you with the new president as
he pisses his pants before he, too is assassinated.

Do something that is somewhat or quite revolutionary, but not
extremely revolutionary, and you may be dead (or jailed forever and a
day) and thus, there remains the possibility that you could actually
live to see it happen. Don't compromise anyway. If it would be a
difference between a website and a p2p decentralized, distributed
application, despite the difficulties of having the latter be ready to
go and what comes after, choose the latter. It will be interesting to
see what comes next.

2015 will be fun. Things we haven't seen yet.

You say you are down to 4% friends because of your "views already" I
can only assume that means you had to at some point in the past take
some sort of nonviolent position, somewhere. Probably. Maybe you
took a hardline street stance too, but my guess if I had to: You had
to take a nonviolent stance and it seemed piss poor to people who
wanted more action more often. I could be totally off, totally wrong,
but I'll throw a guess.

So guessing that, let me go further....

I had choices to make. Some people in a scope. Big, scary, ugly,
seriously powerful people who had made horrible decisions in numerous
countries. And I chose not to! And some number of years down the
road I think I am better for it. You could say I am wrong but I have
chosen my path. My burden feels less. Since then I have taught kids
self defense. I've coded for humanity. Look at me! http://abis.io
(It's not for real yet but eventually it will be in wallets and stuff)
I'm on a couple Foundations. My back is hurt like hell but it will
get better.

I advocate for self defense but by the same token I think there is
much we can do with a reasonable use of tech and a much better
treatment of each other. That's too simplistic maybe... but not a bad
start.

Cheers and hope you enjoy time with others at end of year. If not then
find whoever you can and show them a hand or a smile.

ciao,

- -O

ben: