:: [Dng] TPM
Página Inicial
Autor: Joe Awni
Para: dng
Assunto: [Dng] TPM
OK, at first i was a bit concerned that i would be off topic in the
Packaging system thread, but i have read so much misinformed
fear-mongering, that i decide to clear this up with it's own thread.

First, let me be the first to say i am not the person to explain TPM
technology or crypto primitives.

That said, any one should recognize an illogical argument that goes along
these lines:
"Crypto primitives such as encryption allow "locking" information and thus
restricting access to it."
It does not mean we should abandon encryption or let arbitrary entities
lock our info!

IMO, the amplitude of potential TPM-nightmare scenarios should give a clue
about the strength of the technology.
IE: If it can do that in the "wrong-hands," what can it do in the right?