:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Fork and Fraud
Top Pagina
Auteur: Ayan George
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Devuan Fork and Fraud

On 12/21/2014 02:38 PM, hellekin wrote:
> On 12/21/2014 02:53 PM, Ayan George wrote:
>>
>> I have to admit: I've been following the list and Ruben's posts
>> and I think by in large he makes good points.
>>
> *** I think you're right. But his good points are entirely lost with
> his aggressive, dismissive, defamatory attitude. Despite that
> horrible attitude, Jaromil has been addressing all of his dark
> points in a polite manner, and the berserk is still striking.
>

>> It is fine to have a loosely organized and headless organization
>> where we chat about how much we hate systemd, speculate about
>> naming conventions, etc. It is another to ask for donations to an
>> effort with nebulous leadership and goals.
>>
> *** I don't think anyone here hates anything. Hate is certainly not
> the right attitude when the goal is to provide choice. People are
> free to donate or not. Most do because they know who they are
> dealing with, and there's no mystery about it, contrary to what
> Ruben Safir wants to believe.

To be clear: I used "hate" as a rhetorical device. Although there is a
lot of sincere talk about giving choice, you have to admit that there
are quite a few posts from people who really dislike systemd (if not
hate it).

Anyway -- maybe it is a cultural difference but when it comes to
bootstrapping projects I believe the hacker / programmer / FOSS /
whatever subculture prefers to judge projects by their output and so far
Devuan has very little to speak of.

I don't want to belabour this though. I genuinely thought Devuan was
interesting.

Finally I think there is a real problem with the doxing of Ruben Safir.
The so-called "hackers" used public information that he himself
publishes on his personal website so it didn't require any more than a
little googling.

Still -- I think whatever leadership Devuan has should have denounced it
by now.

That's all! Carry on and I'll go back to lurking.

-ayan