:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Fork and Fraud
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ayan George
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Devuan Fork and Fraud

On 12/21/2014 04:24 AM, Jaromil wrote:

> if I will need to defend myself from this, I will do it in legal ways
> obviously, and I will not involve this project. therefore once again
> please do not reply to trolls and if you write independently about
> this and other systemd related episodes please do not make any
> personal threats or insults of any kind.

I have to admit: I've been following the list and Ruben's posts and I
think by in large he makes good points. Particularly when it comes to
donations. I think he's expressing concerns that have caused others to
quietly dismiss the project and do more productive things while people
on this list continue to go on about what amounts to nothing so far.

It is fine to have a loosely organized and headless organization where
we chat about how much we hate systemd, speculate about naming
conventions, etc. It is another to ask for donations to an effort with
nebulous leadership and goals.

I like the initial Debian announcement as an example of how to start
a project:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/comp.os.linux.development/Md3Modzg5TU/xty88y5OLaMJ

It states "Here I am and this is what I've done. Jump on board if you
like."

I'm not saying this is a scam but I can't quite say it isn't as there is
no way to judge who's doing what from the website.

I think Devuan should have held off opening a public mailing list until
there was an initial release to serve as a starting point for
development, demonstrate who's doing what, and to establish legitimacy.

-ayan