:: Re: [Dng] garbage collection
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: T.J. Duchene
A: 'Joel Roth', dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] garbage collection

>Jude Nelson mentioned that he disliked GC for *systems programming*. Makes

me wonder, as a lot of system programming is done in shell.

>Most programming I've done is with GC dynamic languages.
>That I'm ignorant of a lot of details of memory allocation hasn't been a

big obstacle up to now... although I confess all my work is at the
applications level.

That's quite all right, Joel. Your input is always welcome and appreciated.
The point of these discussions is not to express superior knowledge, but to
learn from each other. Case in point, is that this discussion about
languages is not directly useful to Devuan, but someday, it might help
someone pick a language to write a tool that will be of great use to Devuan
users.