:: Re: [Dng] Presentation
Página Inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] Presentation
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 09:45:51AM -0300, dftg@??? wrote:
> Hello, my name is Juan and I am (was a Debian user), I am not a
> developer or designer.
> Only say I do not agree with the use of a fork as logo (not to
> mention a knife).
> My take on the image of the fork is referred / recalls barbarous
> people (such as kitchen utensil, along with the knife). And I see
> very western (not entirely positive for me). I think other cultures,
> eating with your hands or with chopsticks ...

Agree on the fork symbolism. When I saw one of the logos with fork it
immediately reminded me of the pitchforks demons are alleged to use on
the souls in hell.

The word "fork" as used for forking a software project seems more
remniscent of a fork in the road, prehaps a crossroads, where one path
splits into more.

There's probably a long history of mysticcal imagery involing
crossroads in many cultures. Can anyone confirm this?

-- hendrik