Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] logo based subtly on a real galaxy.
Hi,

----- Mail original -----
De: "Kovacs Levente" <leventelist@???>
À: dng@???
Envoyé: Vendredi 19 Décembre 2014 10:25:11
Objet: Re: [Dng] logo based subtly on a real galaxy.

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 23:06:31 -0500
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> Pick a nice spiral galaxy. Perhaps even our own. For other galaxies
> there are nice photos. For ours we'd have to rely on astronomers'
> calculations instead.
>
> Draw a semistylized version of it, with a fair amount of the
> commplexity.
>
> We end up with something vaguely remniscent of the Debian spiral, but
> utterly different. Something more rich and intricate. Something
> with multiple spiral arms, indicating our freedom of choice.

What about tweaking/forking a bit the original debian logo?

http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/File:Devuan_swirl_logo.png

I made this one with the following requirements in mind:
- fork the debian official logo
- diversity behind the forking process
- colors to show the positive side of the devuan action
- 4 colors as in the google chrome / microsoft office logos (seems to be a good marketing rule nowadays)

Debian is swirling slowly to the black hole of purity through integration but from the open source "galaxy" comes a miriad of alternatives ..

~Alban.