To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] logo based subtly on a real galaxy.
On Thu, 12/18/14, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

Subject: [Dng] logo based subtly on a real galaxy.
To: dng@???
Date: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 10:06 PM

> Let's do somethng subtle.
>
> Pick a nice spiral galaxy. Perhaps even our own. For other galaxies
> there are nice photos. For ours we'd have to rely on astronomers'
> calculations instead.

> Draw a semistylized version of it, with a fair amount of the
> commplexity.

> We end up with something vaguely remniscent of the Debian spiral, but
> utterly different. Something more rich and intricate. Something with
> multiple spiral arms, indicating our freedom of choice.

-- hendrik

I actually thought about that. Would make sense if we go with a theme of astronomical names and I'd be happy if someone could pull it off. But my experience is that logos (and favicons) do best when they are not 'subtle' and 'intricate' ie. not too many colors, a simple pattern and well-defined edges. Just my .02.