:: Re: [Dng] Release Names and Logo Im…
Góra strony
Autor: Alban Crommer
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] Release Names and Logo Images
Hi everyone,

I have a proposal (sorry, bit long):

1. Please have a look at this PDF : A simple chart (logo + font + colors)

#    http://albancrommer.github.io/devuan/Logo.pdf

2. Then browse to an example homepage designed with that chart, showing
the imaginary release Jabbah (astronomical name with same initial than
Jessie)

#    http://albancrommer.github.io/devuan/

So, as a general approach, I tried to design these documents along the
following rules :

#     Make it remind of Debian's spirit in a strong yet subtle manner

#     Make it strong and determined

#     Make it clean & professional: we're potentially speaking large
servers infrastructures, including sheepish managers you'll need to
convince ;)

#     Make it ready for international support. At the very least,
support all european accentuated chars, but more is better.

#     Make it easy to use for everyone while keeping a visual unity

#     Make it work for all supports : black & white / grey / colour, web
& paper

#     Give it a scientific touch. Choices made base on reasons not
passions. A focus on knowledge and not febrile mood swings :)

I hope these ideas will generally help everyone on the way to a better
distro.

This is an "unfinished" work, thanks for your feedback. Here's what IRC
said about it today:

*<?SylvieLorxu?>?? I'd personally make the logo a bit more colourful,
but it's definitely the best suggestion so far. I'm not a fan of the
webpage for the simple fact that it's 2014, yet it's not responsive :P**
**??*/    @SylvieLorxu, yes I can understand. Color : more work and
"serious" but ok. responsive : more work :)//
///*
*/*<?Fluor?> as a lurker here, i think it's one of the nicer logos so
far. yet, as a lurker, i am amazed by the fact we're fussing a*bout
logos and release names, so i'll retreat into the shadows and lurk.//
//    ?///@/FluorFussing about the "surface" : true that, but as a
lurker too, that part is important as an element of trust//
/

As a final point, there is a repository for the proposal and structured
feedback

# https://github.com/albancrommer/devuan

As soon as I consider the work "ready", discussion included, I go wiki ;)

Cheers,
a:

PS: I know github.com is not free. It was practical as a dev amongst
devs, yet things can move :)