:: Re: [Dng] A devuan "constitution"
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Aldemir Akpinar
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] A devuan "constitution"
On 18 December 2014 at 04:12, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <
enrico.weigelt@???> wrote:

> On 06.12.2014 14:24, hellekin wrote:

Everyone's talking about video cards, hence desktop environments, but don't
forget that systemd is a worse nightmare for server environments. I won't
go into detail but, I'm sure everyone is aware why.

In the corporate world you got HBA cards, hw encryption cards, 100GB
Ethernets etc. etc. You can always extend this list. And in this list 90%
of the items will need a firmware to work. And if devuan doesn't provide
the needed firmware (doesn't need to be by default installation), it will
not have a place in such environments, and please forgive me for saying
this, but it will not be taken seriously.

I want devuan to be installed in my company's servers and for that,
unfortunately, I need those firmwares to be provided by the distribution.

--
aldemir