:: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng languag…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Isaac Dunham
À: karl
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng language.
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:42:47PM +0100, karl@??? wrote:
> Enrico:
> > On 06.12.2014 10:49, chris wrote:
> >
> > > I'm specifically advocating building all packages from source and NOT
> > > including udev or anything else subsumed by systemd.
> >
> > Well, udev isn't so bad. Actually, I quite like it.
> > But maybe we should simply make our own downstream fork.
> >
> > By the way: does anyone of you guys have contact to eudev folks ?
> >
> > > There are /functional/ equivalent projects with differing API's which
> > > can be used in place of items co-opted by systemd
> >
> > What would you suggest as udev replacement ?
>
> . eudev
> . mdev (busybox):
>
> http://git.busybox.net/busybox/tree/util-linux/mdev.c
> http://git.busybox.net/busybox/tree/docs/mdev.txt
> https://github.com/slashbeast/mdev-like-a-boss
> http://blog.stuart.shelton.me/archives/891
>
> . the local administrator

. smdev (suckless clone of busybox mdev, not quite complete...)
git.suckless.org/smdev/

. nldev (netlink daemon that calls the hotplug helper; needs mdev/smdev)
git.r-36.net/nldev/

. hotplug2
code.google.com/p/hotplug2/

procd (which according to the very sparse documentation has incorporated
the functionality of hotplug2) is not a viable option outside OpenWRT,
as far as I can tell.

I know I've seen a small old hotplugger somewhere, but don't remember
the name (think it might have been uhotplug or something similar...)

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham