:: Re: [Dng] Release Names and Logo Im…
Góra strony
Autor: Jim Murphy
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] Release Names and Logo Images
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Noel Torres <envite@???> wrote:
> On Monday, 15 de December de 2014 15:47:06 Hendrik Boom escribió:

> But which language to use for names of thos astronomical objects?
>
> This is why I like so much the idea of ancient sites. Each on its own natural
> language.
>
> Regards
>
> Noel
> er Envite

I really do like the idea of ancient sites, but I believe it has the same
issue as astronomical objects -- which language?

Just look at Machu Picchu(hispanicized spelling) in Peru, or do we use
Machu Pikchu(Quechua). The Inca people had no written language,
so we are using characters from one of the latin alphabet variants here.
If we used an ancient Egyptian site, would we use Egyptian hieroglyphs
(uniliterals)? I believe you can see where this could be leading us.

I still very much like the idea, but I am a bit confused by the term
"natural language". Did I misunderstand what you were trying to say?

BTW, astronomical objects would be my second choice.

Jim "Friartek"