Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] GNOME and GDM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 16:02:00 -0500
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> Some packages that require systemd probably don't do it by design,
> but by accident. It would be appropriate to fix them. I suspect
> gnome probably isn't in this class anymore. Old versions of gdm
> might be.

I was running the old gdm under Gentoo, until Gentoo annonced that the
old gdm was going to be removed from the archive as being unsupported.
I had been running the old gdm on Debian/unstable and still do run it
under Debian/stable-testing, and I haven't experienced problems I can
trace to a xdm type program in many years. I believe lightdm is what I
replaced gdm with, since the replacement was being forced on me. I
don't normally log out, so I have only used its login capabilities a
handful of times in months.

Gord