:: Re: [Dng] package suffix Re: Just …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Isaac Dunham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Christoph Lechleitner
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [Dng] package suffix Re: Just call Jessie Jessie
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 03:58:16PM +0100, Christoph Lechleitner wrote:
> Am 2014-12-16 um 15:40 schrieb Adam Borowski:
>
> > prefixing it with 0 is pointless as well [...]
> > You can test this with dpkg --compare-versions.
>
> Thanks for those lessons. I never researched it that detailed, saw
> -0foo0 somewhere ages ago.

Probably in a PPA.
<version>-<packagerelease>-0foo0 is an Ubuntuism:
<packagerelease> is the Debian base version,
the first 0 is the Ubuntu version derived from that Debian version
(0 means "not in Ubuntu"),
then there's a repo-specific string and the local version.

I know this only because when I set up a PPA, the documentation went
over how to number package versions.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham