:: Re: [Dng] package suffix Re: Just …
Página Principal
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] package suffix Re: Just call Jessie Jessie
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:01:29PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:

[cut]

> If the version numbers are going to be that long, we're going to have
> to change the layout of the interactive mode of aptitude. Just so we
> have a chance of seeing them.
>
> Another possibility might be to change the package name.

Just my 2 cents regarding package names, extension and builds: I
believe we should stay with .deb extensions, leave all the package
names untouched (unless there is something specific to devuan, in
which case I vote for adding the "-devuan" suffix to the package name)
and avoid any unnecessary fuss.

Well, I was more inclined to believe that the devuan project was not
going to repackage everything from scratch, right? That would not be a
debian fork, but another (distinct) distribution, and I personally
don't feel the urge for that. I just would like to have a stable, old,
secure, tested debian without the systemd nonsense, as many of us
here, so I would go for the minimum required tweaking to get that up
and running, which at the moment amounts more or less to one pin in
preferences.d...

On the other hand, all of us know that obtaining something even
remotely similar to a debian starting from scratch is just an insanely
hard task, which would require at least half a dozen years of work
from several dozens motivated people, with scarse probability to
eventually succeed (sorry for being so harsh and direct with the more
motivated here, but this is what we have seen happening all the time
in the last 20 years...).

Let's be honest: maintaining an updated fork of debian without systemd
will become very soon a tricky task on itself, so we better focus our
energies on that for the moment :)

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]