:: Re: [Dng] No, the majority doesn't…
Página Inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] No, the majority doesn't knows. Long life to the Scientific Method!
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 05:03:39AM +0100, frank ernest wrote:
> > Lets use the science to help us make better decisions?!
>
> Umm, if we spend that much time testing "everything" we'd never get
> anything done.

Just provide both options. Try to make choice possible.

> My recommendation is that linux is modular, so for any one decision
> concerning what to support, provided that there are sufficient man power
> then both options may be supported. Or the changes from supporting one
> program should not make supporting any other more difficult.
> Look at the past, to your former heros, there once was a great debate about
> whether to use vi or emacs, do tell, therefore, which do we use now?

And that's the way to organise the voting. Let the users decide by
what they choose to use. And if they choose both, which seems to hava
happened with emacs and vi, provide both.

I have both emacs and vim on my system. I usually use emacs (decades
of finger training), but I have on occasion used vim, and my son uses
it exclusively.

I have no problem with that.

But making systemd optional seems, well, difficult. It wasn't that
hard when systemd was just an init system. But it is now.

-- hendrik