:: Re: [Dng] No, the majority doesn't …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Go Linux
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] No, the majority doesn't knows. Long life to the Scientific Method!
On Sun, 12/14/14, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc@???> wrote:

 To: "dng@???" <dng@???>
 Date: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 6:48 PM

> Democracy is the original attack of the 51%, against the 49%. The
>needs of the many DOES NOT outweigh the needs of the few.

It can be even worse that that. Case in point . . . the local food co-op recently had yearly elections. There was an item on the ballot to boycott a certain product (which I like very much). Of over 16,000 members, 600+ voted for the boycott. 300+ voted against the boycott. I call this the tyranny of the majority of a minority. Yup, democracy in action leaves a lot to be desired . . .