:: Re: [Dng] No, the majority doesn't …
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Martinx - ジェームズ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: t.j.duchene
Υ/ο: dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] No, the majority doesn't knows. Long life to the Scientific Method!
On 14 December 2014 at 23:12, <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:
> Just my two cents?
>
> Ideally speaking, running a project via democracy works. Debian can and
> does function. The problem with Debian is that those who can vote are a
> tiny subset of a much larger community with agendas. Thus when it comes
> down it, a tiny group basically makes decisions for the whole. Most of the
> time, those decisions are not controversial and accepted without comment.
>
> Unfortunately, the systemd debacle was not, and the vast majority who made
> comment really did not understand what the hell they are deciding. How many
> of those individuals actually looked at the systemd codebase and its real
> world use or fail cases? I’d a semi-educated guess maybe Debian ten
> developers - at best - really looked at the code or did any form of QA on
> systemd specifically, even though is the most radical change to the
> distribution in at least 10 years. The rest took it on popularity,
> regardless of whether or not it was a bad design decision. Case in point?
> I do not believe that they tested Jesse without systemd against Jesse with
> systemd. The decision appears to have been made arbitrarily.
>
> What does this suggest to me? That actual technical core decisions should
> be in the hands of developers and Quality Assurance who know what they are
> about. The word for it is called meritocracy. The weight of your opinion
> is determined by the quality of the work you put into the project.
>
> Until the Devuan development team officially invites others to join the
> team, our opinions - while respected - are basically irrelevant. We are
> sitting about chatting, but that doesn’t get Devuan to release.

I must say that it does not worth only two cents, it worth two
Bitcents! Bitcoins, you know?! \o/ ... Which worth a lot more !
:-D

I see your point, and I understand it completely.

Lets not repeat Debian's mistakes!

Also, somehow, we need to make sure the that the majority will never
crush the minority, because this is a bad thing.

Best!
Thiago