:: Re: [Dng] Another logo suggestion
Top Pagina
Auteur: hellekin
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Another logo suggestion
On 12/14/2014 09:47 AM, Marcel Gommans wrote:
> How about this, slightly modified logo?

*** Thanks to Jim I could see the proposals.

I see a number of issues:

1. It's VUA, not VU, but that's a minor issue.

2. Symbolically, the inward arrow meeting a line is choking (no
mis-spelling here). If the arrow were on the right side of the line,
starting from the center of the spiral, that would be different.

3. You need to think about ICON: the logo must be recognizable at any
size, and usable in many different situations. Alcatel's logo [0] was
described in the nineties in a 400 pages book. Not to say that we need
such insanity, but it's important to consider that making a logo is not
just finding a moment to draw something out of a vector graphics
program. You need to put some serious thought about it, not only
aesthetically, but also symbolically, and trans-culturally.

The Debian logo is great to that account, being both abstract and
concrete, dynamic, and universal.

Think about a favicon, a tee-shirt, a banner, a press release in Arabic
or Mandarin, a book, a sticker on your laptop, a tattoo :P

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/