:: Re: [Dng] A devuan "constitution"
Góra strony
Autor: Martinx - ジェームズ
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Temat: Re: [Dng] A devuan "constitution"
Please guys, let's not throw away APT / dpkg, for me, it is a "killer
app" that makes Debian so amazing. Including debhelper, dh-* scripts
and etc...

We just need to, first, fork Debian, then, make systemd optional. That's it!

There is nothing compared to APT/dpkg out there... From 1996 to 2000,
I was a Slackware user (it simple doesn't care about the dependencies,
Slack just ignores it, and you must work a lot to figure out the deps
by hand), then, I tried RPM-based distros (bad times)... Too much
pain, too much bugs, too much problems (RedHat shit? No thanks, never
again).

Then, very quickly, I started to research/learn about Debian (Potato
if I'm not wrong), it was pure love since first day! No more pain, no
more "dependency hell", no more ugly bugs, it is near perfect (for
me). But, my love with Debian is about to end with Jessie +1.

That's why I'm here!! Because I would like to preserve this love that
I have for this project, specially for dpkg/APT/debhelper/dh-*.

Since Debian is now basiaclly owned by RedHat shit, we NEED to take it
back, and clean the mess. Just in case, just for the sake of safety
(do not put all your eggs at the same basket (i.e., systemd)...

Right now, I'm researching about Jenkins, and doing lots of tests with
my own "mini-Debian-fork", just for fun...

Best!
Thiago