Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] Logo

On 13-12-14 13:14, david@??? wrote:

> My original idea was to use a hand-painted, lower-case delta,
> resembling a double-tailed spiral like an opened-out Debian swirl.
> Piling on the symbolism with a shovel :-)
>
> However the simple delta worked better on the page. Figured with all
> the patching going on it would be a familiar enough idea to all involved!
>
> The fork took all of 5 minutes. It's in dire need of a redraw to tidy
> things up but might show some promise. I also thought of sprouting it
> from a hilltop, tree-style.
>
> YES PLEASE to the wine idea -- had to visit Bordeaux on short notice
> last December for work (terrible hardship, not). It might be worth
> struggling through a few more days in wine country helping pick a
> candidate ;-)

Now that I saw the wine bottle, I can't unsee it. If the Devuan majority
does not choose to go with this fork / bottle chimera, please rework it
to a side by side bottle green and silver version and sell it to a Wine
& Dine start up or a Bordeaux wine chateau! It's an idea too brilliant
to let it linger unused. Or maybe the WINE team could adopt it, isn't
their thing some kind of fork for the Windows libraries?

I love the idea of the tree shape (possibly in a kind of natural,
Uffington horse-like style). Like for many of us who have grown into the
Linux world, the sprouting of Potato was the first time seeing Debian
come to life and a good part of our working life has taken shape with Woody.

For an alternative take on the Debian swirl and the lowercase Delta, I
have been thinking of variations on a Möbius strip or (back on the topic
of drinks again) a Klein bottle. What intrigues me is that with these
shapes the insiders and outsiders are not on different planes, they're
all on one side.

I have to do some other work now, but i'll definitely try to give your
ideas a follow-up this weekend.