:: Re: [Dng] Logo
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Adam Borowski
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] Logo
On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 06:10:22PM -0800, Go Linux wrote:
> Even 'pan European' is a very small part of world cultures. There have
> been several suggestions to make Devuan a more globally inclusive endeavor
> and I think that is a good idea. :) Surely there is a symbol that would
> meet that criterion.

I do know a symbol that's been used in most of world's cultures. Most
prominently in Hinduism and Buddhism, but also in:
* British heraldry
* slavic areas
* China
* Tibet
* Nepal
* south Asia
* Armenia
* Greco-Roman art
* Celts
* Sami
* North America indians
* Denmark
* Ireland
* Ukraine
* Iran
* Indus Valley Civilization
* and so on, so on

It does have some negative connotations, but they're limited to a single
western European nation. That's, by your logic, too insignificant as the
symbol's other uses globally are overwhelmingly positive.

Thus, I propose: ࿕ (U+0FD5).

Hmm... on a second thought, perhaps caring too much about a symbol being
global might be a bad idea.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets. Instead, contact the nearest temple