:: Re: [Dng] Lennart says Devuan is go…
Página Inicial
Autor: Clarke Sideroad
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] Lennart says Devuan is going nowhere and will fail, decrys anonymity
On 12/10/2014 03:29 PM, Joel Roth wrote:
> Tom Collins wrote:
>> Lennart Poettering says Devuan is going nowhere and will fail
>> Decrys anonymity of developers: 33:00
> If he bothers to mention it, it suggests to me that the
> stakes are high for him, and that he (and the agenda he
> represents) isn't satisfied with Red Hat and half-a-dozen
> other distributions having adopted systemd.

I agree with your analysis and will go further

The comments are free advertising and he should be worried, it is just a
matter of time before all the adopting distros _have_ to offer an
alternate route.

Devuan put a fork init and Mr. Poettering knows systemd as a universal
Linux OS commander is done (cooked).

After the final moves of Debian putting all the eggs in the systemd
basket, many thought the controversy would go away.
I think the coverage that this anti-systemd movement is getting is
actually causing it to gain momentum and starting to get into the
geek-user area and one has to remember that it was that demographic that
caused the widespread rejection of the dumbed down Gnome3.
I think the realization that this is about a wide ranging corruption of
an OS and not just an alternate init is starting to take hold.

Clarke