Til: libbitcoin
Emne: Re: [Libbitcoin] bounty offer
All but one of the issues have been resolved by @pmienk and myself. I've deferred that issue for a future release. So this bounty offer is now closed.

We now have a generated Travis build matrix across all libbitcoin repos and are supporting Windows, OSX, and Linux (gcc and clang).

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Voskuil [mailto:eric@voskuil.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:37 PM
To: libbitcoin@???
Subject: bounty offer

Bitcoin Explorer (BX) is a major upgrade to SX. It is feature complete,
thoroughly unit tested (over 500 independent tests) and fully-documented:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-explorer/wiki
https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-explorer/blob/master/README.md

There is a Travis build, which verifies the install script, which
supports Linux and OSX. There are also robust Visual Studio projects and
statically-linked (single file) Windows x86 and x64 builds.

However - there are a few open issues that I would like to close before
release. I believe all to be build related. I've documented each in detail.

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-explorer/milestones/2.0

OSX
---
Essentially OSX compile completes, but fails to link. It appears that
the boost dependency is not being located. The OSX static build fails to
get off the ground for some reason I haven't isolated.

Linux
-----
The dynamic and static builds are successful, but there is an issue with
each. The static build fails on all network calls. @pmienk has isolated
this down to what appears to be a libzmq issue, as the zmq and czmq
tests also exhibit the same behavior in their own static builds.

The dynamic build works properly in all respects except that boost
program_options throws exceptions across library boundaries, resulting
in a core dump when it detects a command-line parse error. Although the
proper error message is presented and the program terminates in
essentially the same location, it's not a great behavior. There's no
obvious way to prevent the exceptions from being thrown, or to catch
them, and patching boost seems less than ideal.

Windows
-------
The Windows static builds have no known issues. There are known
difficulties in producing dynamic builds when using boost and standard
template libraries, so the DLL build work is deferred.

Bounty
======
I'm offering .3 BTC for resolution of any of the three issues that I
have listed under 2.0 as "help wanted" - so currently .9 BTC total. Pull
requests are preferred. I reserve the right to accept or reject any
submission. Your help is much appreciated!