:: Re: [Dng] GTK has no future? What t…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Isaac Dunham
To: Teodoro Santoni
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] GTK has no future? What the FUCK? Who ARE these people?
On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 08:34:59PM +0100, Teodoro Santoni wrote:
> Thus I'd say that
> - either GTK has to be cut of at those days when it wasn't _that_ shitty, then
> bugfixed heavily,
> - or it can be reworked to import what is useful of gtk3, being able to work
> with c99 standards and without crazy things like Glib, as Qt does. Why
> would you need gboolean in 2014?
> The choice adopted by the guy behind RLSD, of mantaining and bugfixing
> an old GTK2, should be the one to be favored at the moment.

Dima Krasner, to whom you refer, has GTK 1.2 (*not* GTK2) and glib 1 at
https://github.com/dimkr/gtk and https://github.com/dimkr/glib

Of more interest to this mailing list, he's also written
https://github.com/dimkr/nosystem
(a stub library that provides the symbols that libsystemd exports);

and I just noticed LoginKit, a shim to provide the logind interface over
consolekit2 and upower:
https://github.com/dimkr/LoginKit
This is not yet ready to use, though.

Thanks,