:: Re: [Dng] Perl: was A defined list …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Gordon Haverland
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [Dng] Perl: was A defined list of requirements and what next?
On Tue, 9 Dec 2014 16:12:28 -0700
Gordon Haverland <ghaverla@???> wrote:

Actually, this is nominally a problem report, but I will leave the
beginning so others may see what I was up to.

> I found a page describing how to set up a Ubuntu chroot jail on
> Gentoo,

Page didn't do what I thought it was going to, so I am rolling my own,
and thought I would talk to myself.

I downloaded the stable debootstrap package, and emacs is able to
intelligently recognize it as an archive of some kind. The help I
started looking at, said to make sure one downloaded the package for
the correct architecture, but as the architecture is 'all', whoever
wrote that page messed up a little.

The debootstrap binary is a shell script. I made the following
directories in /home/devuan:
bin
usr
usr/share
usr/share/debootstrap
usr/share/debootstrap/scripts

I have tried the stable and unstable versions of debootstrap, and tried
various things. Debootstrap is not working properly.

The first problem I ran into, is that packages that are downloaded (and
stored in /var/cache/apt/archives) are either not installed, or only
partially installed. Another problem is that there is
no /var/lib/dpkg/status or /var/lib/dpkg/available (I think that is the
path) files. While apt, aptitude, wget and tar are all among the
packages which are supposed to be installed, they aren't. I tried
adding dselect to the package tools to be installed (and curl), and
they don't get installed either. For a while, I manually started a
status file, and was editing it to fool dpkg into trying to install
things. That process is how I noticed tar was missing.

Short of anyone having ideas on what is going on (I suppose I could set
-x in the scripts), it would seem the next step is to give up on chroot
jail and learn how to install a VM.

Have a great day!
Gord