:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Kezdőlap
Szerző: hellekin
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On 12/09/2014 05:14 PM, chrisw wrote:
> No name - just version number

*** That's an interesting approach.

> Why does a release of non-commercial software have to have a name?
> Especially as there seems to be such a wide variety of opinion!

*** I don't understand why you bring "non-commercial software" to the
conversation. First because I can't see why names would be reserved to
commercial software, and second because I don't understand how Devuan is
commercial or non-commercial: it is free software, so it can be
commercialized, by definition.

> What is wrong with just using a version number? The content of
> /etc/devuan_version

*** In Debian, the release name matches the major version: Jessie is 7,
so 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, etc. will (may) all be Jessie. It's convenient, but
not necessary.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/