著者: hellekin
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On 12/09/2014 03:58 PM, Jaromil wrote:

> On December 9, 2014 7:24:38 PM GMT+01:00, Francesco Il Parente <cardifrancesco@???> wrote:
>> Why this idea of name isn´t maked by one contest on the web site?
>
> go ahead. nulla osta, we'll link it.

*** Popularity is not necessarily a sign of quality, and given the
number and size of prejudice even among mainstream dissenters, it would
be as arbitrary as just choosing from rough consensus on a mailing list.

The process of voting between already chosen scheme removes the very
idea of choosing in the first place, and replaces it by dissociative
behavior. If there is an alternate choice to discussion, it should be
pure random, at least we would know it doesn't matter what the name is.

I think it matters a bit. A lot. Words are how we get confused about
how far or close we are from reality.

> I recommend using democracyOS for this sort of polls. but really can be anything LQFB also fine.

*** Honestly, I don't see the need that would require installing a
full-blown service for that. What about rewriting that init thing and
make it do more stuff on top, like replacing that working, but really
old IPC stuff? :P

> we'll split the list to -Dev soon BTW

*** Oho! Does that mean the constitutional phase is almost done? Yummy.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/