:: Re: [Dng] GTK has no future? What t…
Góra strony
Autor: Teodoro Santoni
Dla: Tom Collins
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] GTK has no future? What the FUCK? Who ARE these people?
Good evening,

If you ask me, gbullshit is an insane idea, but worked prior to 2.28. After
that it represented a weak spot in the Red Hat avalanche, thus becoming
Red-Hat-insane.
At the moment, if you're not a GNOME fan, the only reason you could think of
for upgrading to gtk3 is webkit2.
Thus I'd say that
- either GTK has to be cut of at those days when it wasn't _that_ shitty, then
bugfixed heavily,
- or it can be reworked to import what is useful of gtk3, being able to work
with c99 standards and without crazy things like Glib, as Qt does. Why the
fuck would you need gboolean in 2014?
The choice adopted by the guy behind RLSD, of mantaining and bugfixing an old GTK2, should be the one to be favored at the moment. Even if we should wait to fucking think about fucking gui.

--
Teodoro Santoni