:: Re: [Dng] Lennart says Devuan is g…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: t.j.duchene
A: Tom Collins, dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Lennart says Devuan is going nowhere and will fail, decrys anonymity

Frankly, who cares what Mr. Poettering thinks? The universe is a big place and if he has space issues, that’s his problem. It’s my personal opinion that he takes every criticism of systemd as a personal affront. Perhaps he is entitled to, he has taken a lot of crap in the past. So of it was justified, some not. One thing I will say in his defense is that in my opinion, non-programmers have no right to criticize his work. People need to learn what they are talking about before they open their mouths. If end users have a problem with systemd, they should go after the distribution maker, not Lennart. He didn’t make them use systemd, they chose it.

While there is no excuse for treating people poorly - even Lennart Poettering - it is a fact that opensource is an ugly community at times, driven by egos and personal opinion. He knows this. If it bothers him so much, perhaps he should simply not respond to it. Don’t feed the troll.