:: Re: [Dng] GTK
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Martinx - ジェームズ
Dátum:
Címzett: Mihamina Rakotomandimby
CC: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] GTK
On 9 December 2014 at 00:06, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina.rakotomandimby@???> wrote:
> On 12/08/2014 11:30 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
>
> On 8 December 2014 at 04:40, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
> <mihamina.rakotomandimby@???> wrote:
>
> On 12/06/2014 08:44 PM, mutek wrote:
>
> is there a very good reason why the free software world should continue to
> stick to GTK instead to start a rational QT fork to replace GTK? (it's not
> an obvius task of course and probably the necessary critical mass loves GTK)
>

> I see at least one reason: bloat
> I currently have a system with All GTK apps and no Qt.
> I dont have to load Qt at all.
> And I can leave: Emacs, meld, Gimp, Inkscape, LibreOffice (GTK),
> Rednotebook,MySQL Workbench, Apache Directory Studio, PGadmin, Pidgin,...
>
> I already have to deal with GTK2 vs GTK3, I dont see any reason to add Qt in
> the list.
>
> Apparently, GTK* have no future.
>

> Have you got some links to ressources explicitely assuming that?
> Some mainstream maintainer post declaring the projet is orphaned, for
> example?
>
> thank you

Oh, I understand your point and no, what I'm seeing around GTK is
still nothing like that but, for example:

- LXDE moved to QT;

- http://linuxg.net/starting-with-audacious-3-6-the-music-player-will-switch-from-gtk3-to-gtk2-until-it-will-be-ported-to-qt/

- http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/2dxik3/future_of_gnome_and_gtk_when_whole_world_is/

- Unity moving to QT: http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/568

You can extrapolate this trend within the future, which will have less
and less people working with GTK... In fact, none of the C coders I
know, codes in GTK...

Best!
Thiago