:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Góra strony
Autor: hellekin
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On 12/09/2014 02:46 AM, Go Linux wrote:
> Self explanatory:
>
> http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/starname_list.html
>
> http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/constellation_list.html

*** Looking at the sky is a great idea, but again, we're not giving the
same look across cultures:

http://stellarium.org/wiki/index.php/Sky_cultures
http://centralastronomyclass.pbworks.com/w/page/15400605/Constellations%20of%20Different%20Cultures

> I can't decide whether Antares or Andromeda would be the best first
> name.

*** Unsurprisignly, the astronomer's version of constellation names
mostly comes from the Greek mythology, and concerns the way the sky is
seen from the Northern Hemisphere, as usual.

http://www.constellation-guide.com/constellation-names/

Thinking about names that satisfy both a global outlook and
transcultural diversity is a larger challenge than it appears at first
sight.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/