Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On Tuesday, 9 de December de 2014 03:30:08 hellekin escribió:
> On 12/09/2014 12:03 AM, Yves wrote:
> > But I think a substantial number of geeks knows the Marvel/DC comics
> > characters.
>
> *** I think a substantial number of users are not geeks.
>
> I also think technology has more important applications than entertainment.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ==
> hk

Fully agree.

Devuan users will be (at first) mainly server operators (VUA) that are probably
geekk in nature, but we want to convey freedom to all Debian users, and most
of them (and even more for Deb-rivatives) for sure are not.

Ideas so far like stars are wide enough to appeal to most (present and future)
users. Others like Zappa's songs and pasta names have their own problems about
that appeal. IT people names may not be the most known but we may honour them
and that will cause no harm to any group.

I think these are the criteria we should use to choose a naming system.

Regards

Noel Torres
er Envite