:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Noel Torres
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On Tuesday, 9 de December de 2014 00:48:06 hellekin escribió:
> On 12/08/2014 08:19 PM, Noel Torres wrote:
> > They're not just "a white male technical elite".
>
> *** I said "mostly".
>
> > please do not try to change History.
>
> *** What is done is done. What is left to be done is future History,
> and it happens right now, including by making choices not to uphold the
> majority, and foster diversity, which is the position of Devuan with
> regard to Systemd.

Making choices about who to appoint for any position now, like "Devuan's
Project Leader" could be, is what happens now and is the possible choice now.
But do not confuse that with not recognizing the History. All those white
males lead us to where we are.

> > There would be no computer users without computers. We will not even be
> > discussing this without most of them.
>
> *** Please notice how you use "them" to talk about users, instead of
> including yourself as a user. I often do the same, abusing categorical
> descriptions as a convenient shortcut to expressing things correctly.
> Isn't that part of the problem to divide arbitrary roles according to
> categorical systems? A friend of mine, a Radical Constructivist,
> recently pointed me to the vanity of the term "the world". Science used
> to claim autonomy from technology, but that was proven wrong by the role
> of the observer in quantum effects more than a Century ago. Yet, most
> of our elite, scientists, engineers, teachers, politicians,
> intellectuals, etc., are still stuck in a pre-quantic interpretation of
> "the world".

Are you crazy? I do not talk about users with "them". I used "we" for all
users, both admins and not admins. And in that phrase, I used "them" referring
to the great engineers and programmers that created the computing as we
understand it.

Learn to read: WE (you and me) will not be even be discussing this without
most of THEM (those who allowed us to discuss it by electronic means).

It is not me who will tell you to shut up. I agree with your freedom to
express whatever you feel you need to express. but I'll beg to you: please do
not try to convey your personal political maximalisms to the project.

> > I agree that intercultural references would be the best. People that
> > created the systems that people from all cultures use today is the best
> > option I've been able to think about.
>
> *** This conversation has inspired me another option for names: "one" is
> various languages. Zero would start in Arabic, but as our zero is "dev
> one", maybe we can start with UNO--I'd love to learn how to say 1 in
> disappearing languages, before their peoples are destroyed by
> technology. That way Devuan would remain at its first release as long
> as cultural diversity allows to choose one from more languages. :]

More politics?

> ==
> hk

Regards