:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Top Pagina
Auteur: hellekin
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On 12/08/2014 08:19 PM, Noel Torres wrote:

> They're not just "a white male technical elite".

*** I said "mostly".

> please do not try to change History.

*** What is done is done. What is left to be done is future History,
and it happens right now, including by making choices not to uphold the
majority, and foster diversity, which is the position of Devuan with
regard to Systemd.

> There would be no computer users without computers. We will not even be
> discussing this without most of them.

*** Please notice how you use "them" to talk about users, instead of
including yourself as a user. I often do the same, abusing categorical
descriptions as a convenient shortcut to expressing things correctly.
Isn't that part of the problem to divide arbitrary roles according to
categorical systems? A friend of mine, a Radical Constructivist,
recently pointed me to the vanity of the term "the world". Science used
to claim autonomy from technology, but that was proven wrong by the role
of the observer in quantum effects more than a Century ago. Yet, most
of our elite, scientists, engineers, teachers, politicians,
intellectuals, etc., are still stuck in a pre-quantic interpretation of
"the world".

> I agree that intercultural references would be the best. People that created
> the systems that people from all cultures use today is the best option I've
> been able to think about.

*** This conversation has inspired me another option for names: "one" is
various languages. Zero would start in Arabic, but as our zero is "dev
one", maybe we can start with UNO--I'd love to learn how to say 1 in
disappearing languages, before their peoples are destroyed by
technology. That way Devuan would remain at its first release as long
as cultural diversity allows to choose one from more languages. :]

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/