:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: hellekin
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Although I appreciate computer inventors, I have two objections:

1. it's an almost all white-male crowd, with very few exceptions, and
that alone conflicts with the reality of human diversity and the goal to
promote diversity of choice. Choosing a technical elite to name Devuan
releases would amount to support a colonialist vision, IMO.

2. it puts the technical elite on a pedestal, which suggests computer
users are less important than the creators of technology. But
technology, as much as it is created in the lab, is far from neutral and
must be appropriated by its users, or will end up controlling them.

For the same reasons, I'm less favorable to remote objects (e.g. stars)
than terrestrial manifestations that can be recognized across cultures.

==
hk