:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Noel Torres
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On Monday, 8 de December de 2014 03:35:16 Franco Lanza escribió:
> I like the proposed stars name, but i think is a little overinflated.
>
> I instead suggest to use something like surnames of nobel prize winners,
> or subatomic particles names, or maybe historic computer names.
>
> Well last one is the one i'll love to see: can't wait to have
> devuan pdp11 :D

I've been thinking on this as well, and I think we should use names that we
can be proud of, as Unix admins.

Of course, Kernigham, Ritchie, an Thompson.
Also, superhistorical names as Babbage, Turing, Pascal
Information Theory investigators like Dijkstra, Shannon
Computer architects like Sinclair, Von Neumann, Cray
Programmers like Lovelace

So far I can get this list:
Aiken, Howard (Ada will be as Lovelace)
Babbage, Charles
Cray, Seymour or Cerf, Vinton
Dijkstra
Engelbart, Doug
Felsenstein, Lee
Greenblatt, Richard
Hopper, Grace Murray
Iverson, Kenneth
Jacquard, Joseph Marie
Kernigham, Brian (or al-Khwārizmī, Abū ʿAbdallāh Muḥammad ibn Mūsā)
Lovelace, Ada
McCarthy, John
Naur, Peter
Ousterhout, John