:: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng languag…
Góra strony
Autor: Teodoro Santoni
Dla: chris
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng language.
Hi,

On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 07:00:53AM +0000, chris wrote:
> but I really can't see there being much need to choose a language for the
> fork, this is as far as I understand it a fork that’s as close to Debian
> without systemd

Imho is a non-issue. Systemd devs liked python, like a lot of programmers, and
writed front-ends in that language. Who gives a damn. I'd do that with C
written UNIX filters. Who cares.
Another matter would be probably the scripting access to something similar to
Genode but without all that C++...

> As people are seriously worried about ABI compatibility with udev (why?)

evdev from x11, chromium, libvirt, ...
It can be either done carefully or compiling everything from source, and then,
some months from now, having a lot of people saying "Hey! I mixed Ubuntu,
Debian and Devuan packages on my Devuan and now everything is fucked, halp!".

--
Teodoro Santoni