:: Re: [Dng] contrib/non-free/antisoci…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] contrib/non-free/antisocial/community/unsupported sections
On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 12:24:40PM -0800, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> It seems to me that there are several propositions that have been advanced
> for arrangement of repositories other than "main".
> So I thought I'd try to summarize the options tht have been put forwards.
> I'll try not to inject any bias in the summary, though I've expressed
> support for one of the positions already.
>
> 1. Follow Debian in offering "main", "contrib", and "non-free"
> repositories; I assume that we would adopt Debian's position that
> everything outside main is "not part of the OS but offered as a
> convenience to users" if we do this.
>
> 1.(a) As in 1, but rename "non-free" to "antisocial".
>
> 2. Drop contrib and non-free entirely.
>
> 3. Merge contrib, non-free, and software packaged by users into one
> repo known as "community".
>
> 3.(a) As in 3, but name the new repo "unsupported".

I recently proposed another one:

4. Keep contrib and nonfree as they are, but add a new one,
'antisocial' to contain systemd and all its dependents.
We take things out of 'antisocial' as we are able to remove their
dependencies. If we don't want to sound so negative, we could call it
'systemd' instead.

-- hendrik

P.S. I proposed it tongue-in-cheek, but it is startinf to sound
reasonable.