:: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng languag…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Waschbüsch Martin
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] system scriptinng language.

> Am 06.12.2014 um 21:55 schrieb Jaromil <jaromil@???>:
>
> I for one second Matteo (a fellow VUA) on his resistance to the Go proposal.
> Yet I also appreciate Go as a rather well designed language, certainly better than Python.
>
> Speaking of what I can do, whenever I'll find the occasion, I will contribute in C and ZSh.
> I also think we should be picky and conservative about the quality of contributions. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about democratic approaches to codebases and advise to value quality over quantity.

That sounds very reasonable to me.
I don't think there is much merit in pursuing progress for progress'
sake.
Also, I much prefer stable and secure over the latest & greatest.

That being said, I do not quite understand how this thread is
relevant *at the moment*. From what I understood, the current goal
is to make Devuan 1.0 a seamless upgrade step for Wheezy and as
compatible as can be to Jessie (the main difference being that
systemd presence by default as well as systemd dependencies are)
removed.
Why would anyone, in this specific situation, consider changeing
which language scripts are written in?

I'd much rather help the VUAs with whatever tasks they have on hand.
Anything else seems to me like putting the cart before the horse.