:: Re: [Dng] GTK
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: mutek
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] GTK
On sabato 6 dicembre 2014 18:32:04 CEST, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> On 12/06/2014 04:57 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 02:54:09PM +0200, Vlad wrote:
>>> I would propose that we do not waste any time with GDM, GNOME or

anything
>>> else that has sprung out of that irresponsible organizations
>>> other than gtk.
>> I wasn't aware that GTK had anything to do with that organisation.
>> Isn't it the Gimp ToolKit?
>> And isn't the Gimp the GNU Image Manipulation Program?
>
> Yes, but the Gimp tool kit has been adopted by the GNOME
> develoment team to be their toolkit too.

whatever I saw in the industry...GTK it's not taken in account if compared
with QT,MS-whatever,Java-whatever,HTML5-DOM-canvas-engines,

GTK did a very good job but seems invisible to the world out of the free
softwares

is there a very good reason why the free software world should continue to
stick to GTK instead to start a rational QT fork to replace GTK? (it's not
an obvius task of course and probably the necessary critical mass loves
GTK)
At the moment I consider Qt viable only if forked and granted by a true
free foundation otherwise GTK wins because grants us true freedom
consistency through the time