:: Re: [Dng] GNOME and GDM
Top Pagina
Auteur: T.J. Duchene
Aan: Vlad
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] GNOME and GDM
On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 14:54:09 +0200
Vlad <2389vbl@???> wrote:

> I would propose that we do not waste any time with GDM, GNOME or
> anything else that has sprung out of that irresponsible organizations
> other than gtk. The reasons being: 1)The same "our way or the
> highway" as the one taken by the systemd team. 2)Heavy dependence on
> systemd components, let us not forget that they are the people who
> forced systemd on      Debian because of  a hard dependency .

I would suggest rather that systemd or anything that explicitly
requires systemd be removed from the "core" or main or whatever rough
Devuan decides to take. Tossing them out arbitrarily limits
users' choices, which is one of the reasons we are here discussing
this,

> 3)Terrible code full of dubious design decisions and bugs. There are
> ample alternatives that are not run by irresponsible organizations
> with heavy ties to systemd and Red Hat.

That can be said of most FOSS projects these days. Most of them have
very poor QA standards or none at all.