:: Re: [Dng] Online Forum or Closed FB…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: ★ A Cosmic Tale ☆
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Online Forum or Closed FB group?
Glad someone brought up the idea of forums.

Being an avid email user, I get forum updates by email, so I experience no
substantial difference between forums and mailing lists, save for protocol
compatibility and bandwidth utilization. Of course, mail is also pretty
easy to deal with in a simple text console, and forums not always so.

What are the useful distinctions as experienced by those who prefer forums?
Is it about the manner in which the topics are threaded/tagged/categorized,
the differences in filtering/managing noise, a specific preference for HTTP
rather than SMTP... or?

Just curious. :)

-8