:: Re: [Dng] 4chan's /g/ says you're n…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gregory Smith
To: Miles Fidelman
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] 4chan's /g/ says you're never going to make it / amount to anything. Offered to help, was rejected
They sure know alot about "community guidelines" and
"professionalism", not engineering though. Their professionalism is
that learned from an office or a political campaign, not from anything
having to do with engineering.

And A-Patchy webserver had alot of hobbists from the start anyway.
Linux kernel certainly started as a hobby. Academics working on
something is alot different than cubical farm workers working on
something also. More like a hobby rather than what is around now.

Alot of the new developers just want to pad their CV, so they don't
want anyone politically incorrect around them in any project. It
wasn't like this in the recent past.