:: Re: [Dng] No systemd: Please be san…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Noel Torres
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] No systemd: Please be sane and keep to the path you have chosen.
On Monday, 1 de December de 2014 08:03:12 Gregory Smith escribió:
> Seconded.
>
> "But for all fleeing systemd, it's a bit problematic to hear the talk
> about integrationg systemd again. It'd do the project good to place a
> "political" message to make things clear. It's not good to hear that
> maybe you'lll get backstabed by systemd again (just overstressing)"
>
> Debian claimed that systemd wouldn't be forced, you always could use
> init, same sort of message. That was a lie and we knew it from the
> start.
>
> There needs to be a strong message sent.

The strong messages is: Freedom is our priority.

This includes freedom to use systemd (to eat shit as Franco says).

What we will do: not reject systemd, provide a systemd-free system, provide a
stable sysvinit system
What we can do: provide systemd as init if we have the resources and systemd
allos it
What we will not do: reject systemd for a hate reason, allow systemd to absorb
any Devuan system.

Franco is very clear on the differences between philosophy and doability.

Regards
er Envite