:: Re: [Dng] fraud warning
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] fraud warning
On Mon, 01 Dec 2014, Sascha Mester wrote:

> Then - the very best feature of an email-client is the fact, that most
> clients come with a Junk-Filter. I'll tell my Junk-Filter about "Ruben
> Safir" to move mails from that person into the waste-bin. That's the
> way how to handle spam.

fact is that Internet's history has no retro-active junk filters. so
while Ruben is planning to run "free software leadership courses" he
might well have problems having such a publicly archived thread with a
record on his name.

I just wonder if the next thing we will see is a citation in court for
defamation of his name, or an injunction to delete his home address from
our archive. I might be just lucky to know some very good lawyers in NYC

hopefully, just kidding :^) but these things happen sometimes. running
a popular project is not easy at all. I still don't see the conspiracy
theory Hellekin is joking about. It seems to me that this is what we get
with lots of popularity and media attention, but that will go away as
well.

I also think that the (rather old-school) practice of pseudonimity and
general leaning to keep personal details private when interacting on the
Internet is important and is everyone's right. So to say, kids at school
should be told to not use their names on a facebook profile full of
drunken pictures in pubs. Since they may regret that sometimes.

I'm very grateful to all the reasonable observations in this thread.
Again if this continues we'll put a filter. Meanwhile please don't
feed... also as suggested we will soon create new task-specific
mailinglists with volunteers, this may stay as a generic discussion list
needing moderation at times.

ciao

--
Jaromil, Dyne.org Free Software Foundry (est. 2000)
We are free to share code and we code to share freedom